- Part time – 3 month contract – with the possibility of extension
- Location: Charcoal lane I Fitzroy, Vic
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Charcoal Lane aims for young people to develop vocational skills, accredited qualifications and the personal capacity to successfully transition to sustainable mainstream employment.
You will bring your passion to ensure guests enjoy their experience at Charcoal Lane through smooth service periods and knowledge of our unique food offering, whilst educating patrons about the program’s history and aims. You will focus on administration, organisation and team building development.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a high level of customer service to guests of the restaurant
- Assist Restaurant Supervisor & Event Coordinator with events and catering
- Assist in providing on the job training to junior staff about service standards
- Maintain cleaning schedule with daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Create menu items (drink specials to move stock and avoid excess stock-piling of products)
- Implement procedure documents for administrative duties such as step-by-step guides
- Constant liaison with kitchen staff to relay customer feedback on meals
- Accurate balancing of tills and takings sheet when required
Requirements for Success
- Holds a relevant trade certificate and/or possesses significant proven experience in a fine dining/casual fine dining restaurant at a senior level
- A working knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Knowledge and/ or exposure to national and international wines
- Computer literacy –use of Microsoft suite
- Experience working with a cash register system
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the PD - Senior Wait Staff.pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Sunday 18 April 2021 but please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting may occur prior to the close date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.