- Full time 12 month contract | 38 hours per week
- Location: Nowra NSW or locations in Shoalhaven Southern district considered
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be working on The Integrated Carer Support Service (ICSS) program. In this program, carers will be introduced to a range of tailored supports and services to help them manage their daily challenges and reduce stress. The new services will focus on providing carers with access to early-intervention, preventative and skill building supports, to improve well-being and long-term outcomes.
You will be responsible for engaging with the carers in the program on how they can manage their role whilst practising self-care.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Prioritise carer needs using the Carers Star assessment and develop a Carer Action Plan
- Assist carers to identify their strengths and their informal networks
- Focus on the individual needs of the carer to create long-term sustainability in their role
- Monitor and support the progress of caseloads to ensure effective outcomes
- Engage with referral network to address barriers to employment, education and community
- Refer carers to Carer Counsellors, Peer Support Workers and Carer Coaches
- Advocate for the new program and the benefits for the community
Requirements for Success
- Qualifications and training in the Community Services/Health/Welfare/ Social Services and/or Education fields or relevant industry experience
- Ability to undertake complex telephone assessments, obtain accurate information and prioritise actions
- Ability to facilitate service coordination and referral pathways for carers
- Knowledge of the community care sector, including the complex challenges faced by carers
- NSW unrestricted drivers licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description Carer Support Planner - PD.docx. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Wednesday 14 April 2021.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.