Case Worker - Queanbeyan
- Full time contract until June 2022
- Queanbeyan, NSW Location - Brighter Futures Program
- Excellent competitive salary and salary packaging benefits
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
The Brighter Futures Program provides targeted support to vulnerable children and families from 0 - 8 to prevent their issues from escalating. We currently have a vacancy for a skilled case worker to join our dynamic and motivated team.
A component of your role will be providing home visits to families in Queanbeyan and surrounding areas. This is a program that makes a real difference in children’s and their families lives. In this rewarding role you will provide targeted support to vulnerable children and families to ensure that children are healthy and safe and families provide safe, nurturing environments. Your key responsibilities will to:
- Provide intensive case management to families with children between the ages of 0 – 8 years.
- Work with families in a strengths-based approach in order to prevent and reduce child abuse and neglect in participating families
- Provide families with support that is focused on parental vulnerability, specifically the impact of domestic violence, mental health issues, drug or alcohol misuse, parent/s’ learning difficulty or intellectual disability and/or a lack of parenting skills or inadequate supervision
- Parents are supported to implement strategies to increase the safety of their children
- Deliver individual, sessional, and issues focused parenting programs to enhance parents’ competence by building their knowledge, parenting skills and confidence
- Provide one-to-one support and skill development to parents in the home environment
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and / or relevant experience in the human services industry
- Experience in case management and delivery of living skills / parenting programs
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable families and their children
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
In addition, there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Accesspay)
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Job Description here. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be short listed as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on the recruitment process. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.