- Full Time, Max term 30 June 2022
- Location: Dandenong, Vic
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Manage a small team of up to 10 employees to deliver high quality and contractually compliant services to Mission Australia clients. The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the Disability Employment Services – Disability Management Services (DES-DMS) across three Victorian sites – Dandenong, Ringwood and Lilydale. contract in the accountable for the performance of the service, reporting on outcomes and key stakeholder relationships
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- leadership of the team and responsible for the effective people management and development of direct report
- Conduct performance reviews to encourage and develop staff
- Maintain strong business relationships with contract stakeholders through effectively managing communications
- Provide advice and support to the Area Manager identifying opportunities to improve outcomes
- Manage established contracts for services to ensure the delivery of outcomes
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications in Management, Leadership or Community Services.
- Extensive experience in the Employment Services sector, (preferably DES-DMS), with expert knowledge of employment service contracts.
- Action oriented and takes accountability to achieve results in line with set timeframes.
- Build and maintains sustainable internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrate courage in leadership to confront issues and risks, and escalates as appropriate in accordance with procedure.
- Effective communication and active listening skills, demonstrating the ability to present information, decision and reasons confidently, clearly and concisely selecting the appropriate medium.
- Demonstrated experience working and collaborating effectively with others, ensuring key stakeholders are involved, sharing information and ensuring people are kept informed of progress, changes and issues.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with effective change management capabilities.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Program Manager, Level 1 - PD.pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Tuesday 20 April 2021 but please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting may occur prior to the close date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.