- Max term till June 2022 | Part time (3 days per week)
- Located in Coffs Harbour
- Make a difference by assisting our youth to find employment
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
As a Psychologist you will deliver evidence based individual, group and family psychological counselling interventions to young people with comorbid mental ill health and AOD substance.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide comprehensive assessment of young people referred to services.
- Facilitate individualized, intensive counselling to young people and their family.
- Develop and support an environment conducive to effective counselling and client support.
- Develop caring, supportive and professional relationships with young people.
- Assist in staff training in therapeutic interventions
- Liaise with visiting specialists and clinicians
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in Psychology with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience in providing therapeutic interventions.
- Experience in the provision of individual and group counselling.
- Understanding of interventions to support young people with complex mental ill health.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and participate in group and one-on-one counselling sessions and activities.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office packages .
- A current NSW Driver’s License.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details vis AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Psychologist - Coffs Harbour.docx
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at midnight on 13-Apr-2021. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.