- Competitive salary and generous NFP salary packaging
- Full Time Permanent position located in Dubbo
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Mission Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every vulnerable person who engages with our services including children and young people.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and complete a range of high-level administrative tasks
- Support managers and other employees through completion of administrative duties
- Prepare high level documents as required including meeting minutes, reports and quality program compliance
- Develop and improve administration processes
- Assist with financial activities including Accounts Payable and petty cash
- Support the team with a range of duties associated with delivering quality services including fleet management, drafting policy and procedure, and workplace health and safety
- Effectively and efficiently organise and maintain administrative processes as well as liaising with managers across a broad geographical area
Requirements for Success
- Qualification in Administration, Business, and/or previous experience in high-level administrative duties
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in high-level minute taking and report writing for compliance activities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated understanding of, and sensitivity towards disadvantaged clients
- Ability to de-escalate clients and raise risks or concerns with management
- Ability to prioritise your work and be able to change/alter priorities based on the day
- Previous experience working in Workplace Health and Safety (highly advantageous)
- Previous Accounts Payable experience (highly advantageous)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, NDIA check and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture and Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Accesspay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.