- Full time contract to 30 June 2022 | 38 hours per week
- Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy or Psychology
- Support children and their families through assessments & planning
- Flexible with location - Dubbo / Orange / Bathurst
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) works to support people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to social and economic life, as well as provide certainty that people with disability will receive the support they need throughout their lives.
The NDIS provides a number of ways to assist people with disability to exercise choice, including taking reasonable risks in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports. One of the ways this is done is through Local Area Coordination (LAC). For more information, please visit www.ndia.com.au
In this role you will work alongside children 0-6 years with a disability or developmental delay and their family/carers to undertake assessments and develop and implement interventions that build on the strengths of the child and their families to improve the child’s trajectory and overall quality of life.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct formal and informal assessments including developmental screening (NDIS)
- Plan and implement initial supports to families using a trans-disciplinary approach
- Review and approve short term early intervention plans developed by ECEI Coordinators
- Be guided by evidence based, best practice approaches within the Statement of Requirements as set out by the National Disability Insurance Agency
- Assist children, families, carers and community with information to further understand what the NDIS is and how it applies to them
- Build capacity of children, families and carers to identify their goals, strengths and needs, and plan for their future
- Assist the individual or nominated contact to develop, implement, review and monitor their NDIS plans
- Provide information and advice where individuals are seeking to establish self- managed support arrangements
- Empower children with developmental delay or disability, their families and carers to build and pursue their goals, exercise choice and control and engage with the Scheme
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- Qualifications in Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy, Psychology degree or Bachelor with Honours in Special Education
- Comprehensive understanding of the Disability, Child, Youth and Family Services sector
- Experience working in Early Childhood and/or Disability Sector
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining professional boundaries while engaging in person-and family centred work
- Experience for working with ATSI and CALD Communities
- Experience in Paediatric health is desirable and/or Special Education, as is knowledge of community networks, formal and informal supports, and early childhood providers in the region
Before starting work with us, you will be required to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Accesspay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description ECEI Specialist.pdf. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on midnight Thursday 5th August. Please do not delay in applying as shortlisting will begin prior to the applications closing.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.