- Full time and part time positions (work arrangements flexible)
- Location: Sydney/Melbourne (flexible location)| Initially WFH
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be joining Mission Australia’s Centre for Evidence and Insights, a team that that inspires curiosity for evidence that leads to action. In this role. you will be responsible for contributing to the dissemination and application of the Impact Measurement and Evaluation Strategy across the organisation that empowers learning and action. Your work will be accessible and relevant to MA staff to assist them to apply insights and identify opportunities from impact measurement and evaluations. You will report to the Impact Measurement and Evaluation Manager.
You will be an evaluator with demonstrated experience and skills in building the capacity of client-facing workers to participate in, use and apply monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement insights.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Strategic application of integrated impact measurement and evaluation systems
- Build capacity within Mission Australia by actively contributing to the development and implementation of training tools that assist with monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement to better inform organisational decision making
- Contribute to the development of new or improved tools and systems that allow people to access necessary insights simply and intuitively
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Add to the design and implementation of analysis, evaluation and reporting frameworks
- Working with a range of stakeholders to determine the meaningful reporting requirements for the stakeholder to better manage performance
- Maintain active and constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to inform design and delivery of key objectives
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in evaluation, human sciences, research or related field
- Experience using mixed methods monitoring, evaluation and capacity building approaches and impact measurement frameworks within a large organisation
- Experience in using digital systems for collecting and analysing data
- Proven ability to synthesise and analyse complex information
- Understanding of impact measurement tools and techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to build strong, respectful productive relationships
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply”. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description Impact Measurement and Evaluation Officer.docx. For further information about working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications for this role will close on Wednesday 21 April 2021.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.