- Max Term – Part time, 12 Month Maternity Leave cover
- Location: Riverland, SA
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This rewarding opportunity is to assist young people aged 15-24 years gain sustainable employment and/or education through helping them overcome their vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment.
Due to a maternity leave we currently have a 12 month part time opportunity with our team in the Riverland region You will be part of a friendly, supportive and high performing team where you will encourage and create opportunities for young people in our program.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop relationships with training and specialist service providers, both internal and external, to assist in the referral of participants and to effectively coordinate and deliver positive outcomes for participants
- Conduct motivating assessments to determine participants existing vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment.
- Develop and record individualised Job Plans for every eligible participant
- Review Job Plan on a regular basis in order to determine the effectiveness of interventions and identify further areas for intervention or assistance if required.
- Monitor the flow of participants into the service and work with Centrelink, Jobactive providers and relevant youth agencies.
- Establish a strong knowledge of the local employment market and identify suitable clients to meet local business needs.
- Hold regular review meetings with participants to track their progress to their Job Plans and where necessary identify additional actions required.
- Undertake job matching activities to create a referral shortlist for vacancies, schedule interviews and conduct reference checking.
Requirements for Success
- Experience in Youth Services, Employment Services or case management is desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in community services, employment services, career counselling, health, or related field is advantageous.
- Experience in community services and relationships with community partners or ability to build those relationships
- A focus on working with youth to overcome vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment.
- Experience in working with vulnerable people/ and or young people.
- A proven track record in achieving KPIs.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office packages and other operating systems.
- Flexibility to travel and work across the region as required.
- A current Driver’s Licence.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Youth Employment Specialist.docx to PD. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application at your earliest convenience as we are looking to conduct interviews for these positions asap.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.