- Permanent, Fulltime
- Attractive Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This is a pivotal role leading the State of Queensland and the Employment Services business across Australia. Critical to your success will be the ability to align and lead in accordance to Mission Australia’s values but also to drive performance to achieve the goal of ending homelessness and ensuring people and communities in need can thrive.
Reporting to the Executive Community – Family and Children’s services, you will form part of a key leadership team of Directors driving performance across Australia your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a diverse team in Community Services across Queensland and the National Employment Services portfolio, approximate FTE 300 employee.
- Driving excellence to successfully work towards the delivery of the Mission Australia 20-25 Strategy.
- Responsible for State-wide performance of operations in line with contract delivery, quality, and compliance.
- Develop, coach and mentor a team of Senior Leaders across the state.
- Build and nurture key strategic relationships with members of government, funders, philanthropists, corporate stakeholders and members of the community.
- Lead and drive the execution and delivery of State based business plans and employment services nationally.
- Work with key enabler functions to drive continuous improvement and compliance in line with contractual and audit requirements.
- Responsibility for people management and performance for the state utilising the many support functions available to assist drive performance.
Requirements for Success
- Demonstrated direct senior leadership experience leading a large, complex geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully engaging, navigating and growing relationships with government.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a performance, KPI and compliance driven business to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and experience, together with the ability to advocate and influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in people management and professional development of others.
- Demonstrated ability to celebrate diversity and the understanding of the complex challenges faced by some of the communities we serve.
- A strong personal alignment with the values and culture of Mission Australia
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, proof of Australian work rights and referee checks.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description State Director QLD PD Nov 2020.pdf For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Friday 4th December.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.