- Full Time 38 hours | Contract till June 2021 (possibility of extension)
- Location: Newcastle NSW | Youth On Track Program
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Youth on Track is an early intervention program for 10-17 year olds who are at-risk of long-term involvement in the justice system. Youth on Track supports young people (and their families) through case management and evidence-informed interventions to reduce their criminogenic risks and address their needs.
You will deliver intensive case management supports to young people and their families to address criminogenic risk and needs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond in a timely manner to referrals and conduct intake processes within guidelines
- Deliver intensive case management supports to young people and their families
- Identify individuals through the YLS/CMI-AA assessment and increase pro- social behaviour
- Review individualised and family care plans for each Individual young person
- Deliver a range of evidence based interventions to address risk factors
- Build relationships based on trust and respect, and that involve listening and honesty
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Cert IV or higher) in Youth Work, Case Management etc.
- Extensive experience in intensive Case Management and working with young people
- Minimum Class C Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice criminogenic interventions related to behavioural and rehabilitation supports
- Ability to travel between locations and provide outreach support to clients
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via YOT Senior Case Manager 181016 (13).pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 3 December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please note candidate referrals from recruitment agencies will not be considered for this opportunity. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.