- Permanent full time
- Location: NSW or Tasmania
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Mission Australia Housing (MAH)
Mission Australia Housing is an established and progressive, Tier One National Community Housing Provider of social and affordable housing.
We seek to offer a pathway away from homelessness by providing good-quality housing that enables people to participate in their communities.
Mission Australia Housing has an exciting opportunity for a National Manager – Housing Services to join and manage a national team of 4 direct reports and overseeing a team of 40 across 4 regions. You will have the opportunity to join an expanding organisation that is working towards improving tenant outcomes and ending homelessness.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the national housing services team proving a proactive and supportive approach to clients
- Provide specialist housing support to the team at Mission Australia Housing
- Manage performance across a number of critical operational areas
- Induct and train new and existing members of staff to ensure appropriate knowledge of the organisation
- Input into the MAH strategy, business plans and local area plans to ensure MA and MAH strategic objectives are met
- Provide regular reporting on key housing services programs
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly Performance Reporting tracking critical KPI’s and providing analysis of results
- Ensure MAH meets all external and internal compliance requirements for housing services
- Work with other areas of the business to provide an integrated approach to service delivery
Requirements for Success
- Extensive experience in the social housing sector
- Understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act
- Strong leadership experience
- Ability to think strategically and operationally
- Strong administration skills
- Intermediate excel and reporting skills
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Finance experience and ability to understand and manage budgets
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- High-level customer service focus
- Experience managing housing related projects
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via MAH PD - National Manager Housing Services.pdf . For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 6 December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.