- Max Term; Part-Time (19 hours per week – additional hours negotiable)
- Location: Geraldton
- Make a meaning difference to Australian’s in need
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
An exciting and rare opportunity has become available to join Mission Australia as a Thrive Case Manager in Geraldton to support the THRIVE Program.
THRIVE aims to support individuals and families to address a range of complex issues that would otherwise impact on the security of their public tenancy. The program is people and family-focused and will adopt a holistic approach to support all members of the household with referrals to community, health, mental health and other specialist services.
In this opportunity, you will use your knowledge and experience of working within community settings assist and empower people to achieve their goals and build a pathway of independence.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to and introduce THRIVE to new referrals and conduct initial assessments;
- Work with people to develop a holistic plan that is sensitive and responsive to their cultural strengths and identified needs;
- Provide a personalised approach to case management, which allows individuals and families to make informed choices to maintain their tenancy and increase their wellbeing;
- Conduct regular home visits to provide therapeutic interventions, such as informal counselling;
- Work with individuals and families to manage tenancy issues;
- Develop and implement culturally appropriate and individually tailored educational tools to address tenancy issues;
- Assist clients in transitioning out of THRIVE and into independence.
Requirements for success
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant experience working in a human services organisation including case management
- Certificate IV in Community or Human Services or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of complex issues that place people at risk of homelessness or tenancy stress;
- Ability to work empathically with people using a strengths-based approach;
- Sound communication skills;
- Budgeting and computer skills;
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and Department of Communities (Housing) policies for renting and maintenance;
- Possess a current WA Driver’s License.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click 'apply' and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.