- Part Time contract till June 2022 | 22.8 hours must include Tuesday
- Location: Ashfield with outreach in the area using a pooled vehicle
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will support clients to find pathways away from homelessness and to empower individuals with the skills and knowledge to lead a better life.
The Together Home program aims to support people street sleeping across NSW during the COVID-19 pandemic into stable accommodation, linked to wraparound supports in the local area.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service and conduct assessments
- Provide a personalised approach to case management to create individual plans
- Deliver support services in line with the SHS Practice Guidelines/best practice principles
- Provide intensive ongoing case management sessions (formal and informal)
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to link in clients with appropriate services
- Support clients who are experiencing high levels of distress, anger and anxiety
- Demonstrate strong professional boundaries and provide positive advice
- Work proactively with other team members to manage service case load
Requirements for Success
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science (desirable)
- Extensive experience working with complex clients in a case management role
- Knowledge of Homelessness, Mental Health, Domestic Violence and Addiction
- Strong analytical, numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’.For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD Case Manager Together Home (3).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 2 December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please note candidate referrals from recruitment agencies will not be considered for this opportunity. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.