- Full-Time Max Term Contract to June 2021
- Location: Meekatharra, WA
- 5 weeks annual leave, additional personal leave and regional allowance benefits!
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the organisation as a School Attendance and Community Support Worker in Meekatharra.
This role will attract an enthusiastic community member who is passionate about Meekatharra and wants to make a difference. The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge of the issues impacting families, an understanding of the strength of culture in small remote communities and can build and maintain strong relationships with varying individuals, families and stakeholders.
In this role, you will be able to use your skills to connect with local students and their families, the school, local Elders, stakeholder groups and broader community.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work alongside families to identify important issues impacting on school attendance;
- Provide emergency relief to families experiencing financial hardship;
- Connect with external stakeholders to improve service delivery and address key challenges in the community;
- Provide young people with transport to and from school as required;
- Undertake administrative duties, including collecting data and reporting information and statistics.
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- A passion for education and working with people;
- An ability to work with young people, families and stakeholders;
- An ability to deliver services, including Emergency Relief;
- Provide administrative assistance to the team;
- Maintain clear communication;
- An understanding of the local community.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com or phone 08 9225 0453.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description or contact 08 9225 0453. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close 11:55 PM, Thursday 26 November.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.