Administration Officer – Community Services
- Fixed Term 12-month Maternity leave contract
- Nowra, NSW (30.4 hours per week)
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are looking for an experienced Administration/Accounts person to be the first point of contact for clients and visitors both face to face and over the phone. To fulfil required administration tasks vital to the running of the office and our amazing programs.
To be successful in this role, you MUST have the ability to manage a number of competing priorities including requests and queries from staff, accounts, clients and the public. You will also be supporting a range of our successful programs in the area.
Your key responsibilities will to:
- Assist with reporting, budgeting, accounts and invoicing.
- Assist clients by referring them to appropriate internal and external services including professional, educational and personal services.
- Prepare documentation as required including correspondence, spreadsheets and memos.
- Intake duties for the program including entering and managing referrals, data management for the program. Supporting staff and Management with new referrals. Collating of information to assist with reports, submissions etc.
- Communicating with referring agencies in regards to referrals, information and enquiries
Requirements for Success
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly Word, Excel, Publisher & PowerPoint.
- Experience with accounts, invoicing and data entry would be highly desirable
- Excellent analytical, numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined work team.
- Current drivers licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description here. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight 4th December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.