- Max Term contract till June 2021 | Part time - 15.2 hours/week (flexible days)
- Location: Artarmon
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Located in Artarmon, you will be a Case Worker who will work with clients (from the age of 12) to achieve their goals. You will be knowledgeable on managing complex mental health and focused on person centered care. The aim of the program is to connect clients to the right service to meet their needs with daily living and housing, social connectedness, support to access education, training, employment, physical well being support, support to maintain engagement with mental health treatment, information, referral and advocacy.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Engage in face to face Case Management and support
- Involve all relevant parties when supporting a complex client with a dual diagnosis
- Manage incoming referrals from mental health facilities, hospital, schools and other
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients consisting of good boundaries
- Liaise with related programs and analyse what would be best for the client
- Uphold the program values and standards to ensure a positive outcome
Requirements for Success
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science or relevant experience
- Driver’s Licence
- Trauma informed knowledge
- Senior First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Case Worker - Artarman- PT.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at midnight on 1st of December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.