Caseworker – Brighter Futures
- 6 month contract (30 June 2021) - Full Time
- Location: Nowra, NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
In this rewarding role you will provide targeted support to vulnerable children and families to ensure that children are healthy and safe and families provide safe, nurturing environments. This position will provide outreach services as directed by the Program Manager.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide intensive case management to families with children between the ages of 0 – 8 years.
- Work with families in a strengths-based approach in order to prevent and reduce child abuse and neglect in participating families.
- Provide families with support that is focused on parental vulnerability, specifically the impact of domestic violence, mental health issues, drug or alcohol misuse, parent/s’ learning difficulty or intellectual disability and/or a lack of parenting skills,
- Deliver sessional, group based and issues focused parenting programs to enhance parents’ competence by building their knowledge, parenting skills and confidence.
- Provide one-to-one structured and sustained support and skill development to parents in the home environment through the delivery of home visiting programs.
- Facilitate access to quality children’s services to assist families to achieve healthy child development.
- Provide assistance to families to access universal and specialist services within the local service system.
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification or relevant experience in the Community Services Sector such as Social Work Social Science Diploma of Community Services Human Services industry.
- Experience in case management and the delivery of living skills and / or parenting programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing vulnerable families and their children.
- Computer literate in a Windows environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Current Driver’s License
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- The ability to provide structured case management to vulnerable families and work with the families in a strength based way to ensure the family achieves their goals.
- The ability to be creative, flexible and persistent in the achievement of outcomes for these clients
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description here. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight 11th December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.