- 2 part time roles available (30.4 hours / week) – Fixed term
- Location: Mt Druitt
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
You will be making a difference by working on our Tenant Participation & Community Engagement (TPCE) program, which is designed to assist social housing tenants of the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) to improve the service and support they receive across NSW.
You will join a team that is passionate about strengthening community relationships for people who are isolated in social housing. This will involve building and organizing community engagement , linking tenants with support services and helping to identify potential tenant participation opportunities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Build relationships with local tenants to address and identify challenges they face
- Map current tenant participation groups and identify gaps and opportunities
- Facilitate tenant volunteering opportunities within the community
- Coordinate tenant training and information sessions
- Outreach to isolated or difficult to engage tenants to overcome barriers to engage
- Build and sustain formal and informal relationships with key stakeholders
Requirements for Success
- Diploma in community services/development, health or related fields
- Experience in community development
- Ideally a background in working with homelessness, social housing or youth
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
- A valid NSW Drivers Licence
- A valid working with children check
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via TPCE Facilitator generic PD.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 1 December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.