- Full Time, until 30 June 2021
- Location: Berriedale, Tas
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Support young people across the ages of 8 -18 years through our outreach service to young people whom may require low level case management, as well as working across our therapeutic, intensive case management support model. This role will be working directly to support young people experiencing significant and /or multiple risk issues to create protective factors, identify goals, create opportunities and positive links to community.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work more broadly with young people at risk as well as provide targeted support within a managed care plan. Your work will entail responding to referrals, determining needs, monitoring risk and in partnership with the young person identifying solutions.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Connect with young people through outreach
- Respond to referrals to our service using a strengths based client centered approach when assessing the support needs of the young person
- Develop, implement and review individualised case plans for each client
- Promote and support service activities in accordance with inclusive and client-centered practice principles
- Provide a positive image of Mission Australia within the local community
- Maintain and submit relevant documentation in accordance with deadlines
Requirements for Success
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Extensive experience in supporting disadvantaged young people to achieve positive outcomes in terms of the Tasmanian Youth at Risk framework
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary youth issues and knowledge of support services available to address these issues
- Demonstrated ability to establish therapeutic relationships using an evidence based approach
- Demonstrated experience in intensive therapeutic case management and client centered support planning
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications and experience in Youth work or related field
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain community networks
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work according to the principles of client-centered practice.
- Capacity to relate to people from different cultural backgrounds
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - Youth Worker 2020.pdf For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 1 December 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.