- Full Time - 38 hours per week
- Location: can be based Wagga Wagga, Cootamundra or Tumut NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Youth on Track is an early intervention program for 10-17 year olds who are at-risk of long-term involvement in the justice system. Youth on Track supports young people (and their families) through case management and evidence-informed interventions to reduce their criminogenic risks and address their needs.
You will be delivering intensive case management support to young people and their families to address criminogenic risk and needs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals and conduct intake processes in a timely manner
- Deliver intensive case management supports to a case load of young people
- Develop comprehensive case plans with the young person and their family
- Regularly review individualised and family case plans for each client
- Identify and raise any potential improvements in service provision
- Record and submit accurate and appropriately detailed information
- Attend and actively participate in program-specific training and courses
Requirements for Success
- Relevant qualifications (Cert IV) and experience
- A genuine interest in working with vulnerable members of the community
- Experience and knowledge of the youth justice system
- Familiarity to the Wagga Wagga area and its surrounds and the services available
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Actively support MA’s Reconciliation Action Plan and demonstrate the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to travel between locations and provide outreach support to clients
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you have a disability and need support, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description. We will respond to your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Jye Ryan on 0490 075 843 or RyanJye@missionaustralia.com.au.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.