- Full-Time Max Term Contract to June 2022
- Location: Tom Price
- Great benefits including salary packaging, regional allowance + more!
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the organisation as a Mental Health Case Manager in Tom Price to support people with psychological distress accessing the Integrated Primary Health Service. This role offers fantastic regional work experience with lots of opportunity for training and external professional supervision.
This role will attract an innovative team player who has expertise in counselling in the Mental Health, Psychology or Social Work sector. They will be able to point to their skills and previous experience to work in a creative and exciting team to develop and innovate new strategies to improve mental health support for the Tom Price community.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals from GPs, community organisations or client self-referral to achieve what the client wants from the service using a strength-based approach
- Provide counselling and develop individual recovery plans for clients experiencing psychological distress
- Develop and facilitate group sessions for our clients and the wider community
- Maintain appropriate case files and monitor the progress of our clients
- Arrange appropriate referrals for clients to other services as required
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology or relevant tertiary qualifications in human services.
- Proved ability to relate to people experiencing situational distress, including an understanding of family and domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse and mental health.
- Demonstrated experience of working within a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work in a remote small community
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Flexible hours of work
- Regional allowance
- Housing allowance subject to eligibility
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com or phone 08 9225 0453.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please submit your applications as soon as possible; shortlisting and interviews will commence straight away.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.