- Max-Term Full-Time to June 2021
- NFP Salary Packaging Available + Regional Benefits
- Location: Karratha
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Great opportunity to join the Mission Australia Pilbara team as an AOD Case Manager & Diversion Officer based in Karratha.
The Pilbara Community Alcohol and Drug Service provide ongoing assessment, treatment and referral of clients who are seeking support with alcohol and other drug addictions, as well as offering support to their families/significant others. We also provide coordinated care, including formal links with critical human service agencies and mental health services. The Pilbara Community Alcohol and Drug Service is part of a statewide network of services located across both metropolitan and regional WA.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong experience in AOD case management and counselling. You will have an understanding of culturally diverse communities, and indigenous groups that reside within the Pilbara.
- Case Management and counselling for people with alcohol and other drug addictions
- Client referrals to appropriate services
- Building strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders, such as the local community, and various government and non-government organisations
- Managing your client base and submitting accurate reports on schedule
- Working in conjunction with the Department of Justice (Adult Corrections and Youth Justice) in regards to the Court mandated program and management plans.
- Regularly scheduled attendance at Magistrates Court to provide assessment and information on Diversionary programs and other Mission Australia services
- Working as part of the wider Pilbara Alcohol and other Drug Service team
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drug Case Management, or equivalent
- Experience working with vulnerable and diverse clients in the community in the AOD area
- Current Drivers license and safe driving skills to travel on isolated dirt roads
- Ability to update case management notes and perform the necessary administration and report writing
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Working with Children check (or ability to obtain)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting and interviewing will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.