- Permanent – Full Time
- Darwin location
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Employer Engagement Consultant is responsible for building relationships with employers, community providers and job seekers within the Disability Employment Services (DES) contract. This is achieved by partnering with employers to understand their staffing needs, placing job seekers into sustainable employment and proving post placement support, to support job seekers to meet their long term employment goals.
This role will provide employment advisor relief to sites across Darwin and the successful applicant will work across our Casuarina and Palmerston locations.
Reporting to the DES Program Manager, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake a range of sales and marketing activities including cold calling, client visits, reverse marketing of clients
- Engage with the local labour market to understand their needs and build employer partnerships
- Monitor client progress by providing post placement support with both job seekers and employers
- Maximise all employment outcomes by identifying job seekers who are not meeting their requirements
- Develop and establish networks with community partners and organisations to support delivery of the DES contract
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the Disability Employment Services contract and guidelines
- Work effectively with a diverse range of material types and environments, client groups, and service staff
Requirements for Success
- Demonstrated experience in business development, reverse marketing and sales.
- Strong account management experience
- Exceptional verbal communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport.
- Genuine team player
- Previous experience in Employment Services preferred but not essential.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills with the ability to self-manage
- Strong internal and external stakeholder engagement skills, working relationships and networks
- Ability to work in complex and fast changing environments with multiple stakeholders and delivery demands
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via this LINK to PD. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application at your earliest convenience as we are looking to conduct interviews for this position as soon as possible.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.