- Full time, contract until 30th June 2021 with potential for extension, pending funding
- Location: Traralgon, Gippsland Region VIC | Parents Pathway Program
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
ParentsNext (Parents Pathway) is a program for parents who have a child under 6 years of age, have not had paid work in the last 6 months, and have been getting the Parenting Payment for the last 6 months. ParentsNext helps parents of young children to prepare to return to work or training once their youngest child goes to school.
You will help parents to set their education and employment related goals and develop a pathway to achieving their goals while also helping them link with services and activities in their local community.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Create positive working relationships with job active providers and relevant agencies
- Conduct assessments to determine participants existing vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment
- Establish a strong knowledge of the local employment market and identify suitable clients
- Develop and conduct educational and pre-employment activities for participants
- Maintain up to date knowledge of contracts, policies and procedures
- Manage client data using ESS and keep accurate and up to date records
- Will be required to work across multiple sites
Requirements for Success
- Experience in Family Services, Jobactive Services or the employment industry is desirable
- Qualifications in community services, employment services related field is advantageous
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Experience in working with vulnerable people
- A proven track record in achieving KPIs
- Flexibility to travel across a region as required
- A current VIC Driver’s Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via this LINK to the P.D. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application at your earliest convenience as we are looking to conduct interviews for this position as soon as possible.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.