- Full time 12 month contact | 38 hours per week
- Location: Dubbo NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Family Mental Health Support Service (FMHSS) is an early intervention and prevention support service for children aged 0-18 years (and their families) who are at risk of, or experiencing, issues relating to mental health. Participants can access any FMHSS via self-referral, through other community support agencies, or at the suggestion of family or friends. Formal referrals are not required.
You will provide flexible and responsive services for children and young people up to the age of 18 who are at risk of mental illness.
Your key responsibilities be will to:
- Respond to referrals and assess their suitability of the service
- Provide ongoing case management, information and support to clients
- Coordinate and facilitate a range of individual and group support programs
- Create individualised case management plan with practical support
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure client files are up to date and accurate as well as reporting
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in community services
- A working knowledge of Case Management
- Extensive knowledge of the local community
- Understanding of mental health or experience in that field
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email to Jodie Murphy - email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via FMHSS CSW L3 July 2019 (2).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 29 September 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.