Intensive Family Support Senior Practitioner – Ipswich
Job no: 986540
Work type: Permanent (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Full time, Permanent Position
- Location: Ipswich
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Intensive Family Support Service provides in-home support to families with children 0-18 years and aims to assist families to identify goals for change, for their children's wellbeing.
In this role, you will provide expert case practice advice and leadership in supporting staff to effectively manage clients with multiple and complex needs, as well supporting the Program Manager to deliver high quality and contractually compliant services to clients in the local Ipswich community.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Act as the first point of escalation for clients and service staff, and actively participate in case management to overcome challenging issues or relationship breakdowns.
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to the team of Practitioners and actively encourage and motivate staff towards achieving client outcomes.
- Develop strategies to actively engage resistant clients.
- Assist clients in the process of transition out of the service into independence or other services.
- Lead and/or participate in case-conferences including family decision making with other professionals.
- Support Program Manager to conduct staff meetings and conduct quality audits of case files.
Requirements for Success
- Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or other relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in the professional supervision of team members involving critical reflection, to enhance both their practice skills and professional knowledge
- Ability to plan, implement, facilitate and monitor family intervention activities
- Knowledge and understanding of Child Protection legislation and child protective concerns
- Demonstrated crisis management skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce written case notes and quality reports that are clear and well-structured with evidence of sound theoretical understanding
- Demonstrated understanding of Early Intervention principles in working with families with multiple and high complex needs
- Understanding of Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care to manage personal impact from exposure to critical and complex issues.
- Senior first aid certificate, open and current Driver’s License and working with Children Blue Card
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via this LINK to the PD. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application at your earliest convenience as we are looking to conduct interviews for this position as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.