- Full Time, Max Term Contract till June 2021
- Location: Rosny Park, Tasmania
- Work in this fast-paced environment delivering training to the local LAC and ECEI team
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
As a WorkForce Trainer, you are a vital link between the NDIA and our Local Area Coordination (LAC) and Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) staff for NDIS-related learning and development needs. Your responsibilities include planning, facilitating and delivering staff training across a designated region, focusing on both performance enhancements and ensuring compliance against relevant service delivery standards, policies and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support staff with day to day troubleshooting issues related to systems and process
- Delivering training to LAC and ECEI Staff in line with NDIA requirements
- Develop and adjust training packages to meet the needs of the team
- Work collaboratively with WorkForce Trainers across other Mission Australia LAC and ECEI areas to ensure consistent performance across service delivery standards.
Requirements for Success
As a skilled and experienced WorkForce Trainer, you will have outstanding interpersonal and facilitation skills and have always naturally embraced diversity. You consistently demonstrate a positive and approachable disposition to all people, including those experiencing varying levels of ability.
Self-motivated in your approach, you thrive both when working independently and in a team, and you’re committed to delivering high-quality outcomes across a range of performance areas. You possess excellent organisation and time management skills, including when facilitating, and you enjoy planning and delivering training across diverse audiences, as well as documenting and reporting training outcomes.
To ensure your success in the role, you possess:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the delivery of WorkForce Training
- The ability to adjust delivery modes and methods to maximise impact and engagement
- Ability to conduct a training needs analysis and develop, implement and review training plans
- Able to establish mechanisms for feedback and continuous improvement of all training packages
- Experience of working in, or alongside community services sector or equivalent is desirable
- Lived experience of disability (encouraged)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close 11:55 PM, Monday 28 September. Please apply as soon as possible; applications will be shortlisted before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.