- Multiple Casual Youth Worker roles available
- Location: Wagga Wagga NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Eastern Murrumbidgee Youth Service supports young people aged 16-25 who are experiencing, or are at risk of, homelessness. the service provides a range of interventions and supports including case management, education and employment guidance, supported crisis and transitional accommodation, housing assistance, information and advice, skills development, supported referral and access to counselling.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support young people through their induction and progress with the program
- Develop therapeutic relationships with young people maintaining boundaries
- Contribute to case planning/monitoring meetings to support client goals
- Maintain program standards and contribute to the program success
- Act in accordance with the young person’s support plan
- Sustain appropriate recording and reporting of all incidents
- Monitor young people’s personal care and hygiene and provide guidance
- Collaborate with the team in the care and management of young people
Requirements for Success
- Experience in the community services and working with young people
- Understanding of significant mental health challenges experienced by young people
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of team to provide positive outcomes
- Demonstrated professional approach to maintaining clear and consistent boundaries
- Strong communication to assist in functional day to day support of clients
- High level of record keeping and administrative skills
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via EMYS Youth Worker L2 (3).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Monday 28 September 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.