- Full time contract until June 2021 | 38 hours per week
- Location: Cooma | Cooma-Monaro, Snowy River and Bombala Shires
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Cooma & Region Homelessness Support Service supports people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness across the Cooma-Monaro, Snowy River and Bombala Shires. The service provides tailored support, advocacy and outreach to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness across the region. We also have 4 x 2-bedrooms crisis accommodation unit in Cooma.
You will provide living skills to clients to support them to maintain tenancy. Work collaboratively with other services to deliver positive outcome for clients.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals to the service from support services and conduct formal assessments
- Induct clients into the service including the property, facilities, financials and regulations
- Provide intensive and strength based case management with a recovery focus
- Create individualised support plans including referral to supplementary services as needed
- Provide ongoing case management sessions with clients and review progression
- Monitor the housing facilities to ensure that all aspects of the regulations are upheld
- Complete a range of reports, maintain client files and administrative duties for the efficient running of the service
Requirements for Success
- Relevant education and/or relevant industry experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Experience in working with vulnerable people and complex mental health issues
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Case Manager - PD (13).pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Monday 28 September 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.