Support Facilitator - Mental Health -Darwin
Job no: 986497
Work type: Max Term (Full Time)
Categories: Community Services
- Multiple opportunities available
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Location: Darwin, NT
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This important Psychosocial Support Program provides services to people living with mental illness while supporting and assisting participants to test their eligibility for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), or transition them to appropriate supports under the Continuity of Support (CoS) program.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals and assess against eligibility
- Support and assist all participants to submit an access request form (ARF) or equivalent to the NDIA to test their eligibility for the NDIS within agreed timelines.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide effective and recovery based approach case management
- Create and maintain up to date individualised case management files and recovery plans
- Complete a range of internal and external reporting requirements
- Attend local community meetings, forums and community awareness events and conferences as required
Requirements for Success
- Minimum Certificate IV qualifications in Mental Health or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years work experience in mental health, with clients with complex needs
- A demonstrated person-centered, recovery-focused, strength-based case management approach to participants’ care, based on a sound understanding of mental health.
- The ability and flexibility to travel to remote communities on a regular basis and as required as part of delivering the program to people living in remote, isolated communities
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing and/or facilitating one-on-one and group activities
- Experience working autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team across diverse inter-organisational relationships.
- Proven ability to manage own workload and time management, including the establishment and achievement of priorities in high work demands.
- High level computer skills including competence in Client Information Management Systems
- Current unrestricted Australian drivers’ licence
- Valid NT Working with Children OCHRE Card
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Support Facilitator Level 4 PD.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as we are currently reviewing applications for these positions.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.