- Part Time 12 Month contract | 3 or 4 days (flexible days)
- Location: Shellharbour or Nowra | Travel between locations required
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Domestic and Family Violence Service is an intake, assessment and referral service for families with children under 18, who have been identified as at low risk of significant harm by Family and Community Services. The service helps families in the Nowra and Shellharbour South Coast NSW LGA to achieve safety and security in their lives.
You will conduct assessments provide appropriate recommendations and provide therapeutic input where appropriate.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct psychological assessments and evidence based individual therapy
- Engage with people who use violence (Observing behaviors therapeutic interventions)
- Provide support and consultation to case workers on clinical matters
- Assess the need for referral of individual children and parents to specialist support
- Provide training to case workers on the needs of children and their families
- Actively contribute to the development of the program
- Maintain the reporting requirements and manage client information and files
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology recognised by the Psychology Board of Australia. The position holder must or be eligible for Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia or fully registered and will be supervised by a professional supervisor.
- Knowledge of theoretical and therapeutic frameworks that underpin assessment and intervention in the context of domestic and family violence
- The ability to perform clinical work that includes emotional, cognitive and educational assessments.
- Experience in working with children and families from different backgrounds
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via DFV Psychologist PD 2019 (1).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 1 December 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.