- Permanent Full Time
- Location: Mission Australia Rehabilitation Treatment Service, Darwin
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
To provide the support required to facilitate recovery and rehabilitation from drug and alcohol problematic use. In addition, provide AOD specialist information and support to other Mission Australia Employees regarding their case management plans.
Reporting to the Program Manager, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and implement an AOD program for Mission Australia Residential Treatment Service
- Provide clients with individual counselling
- Assist to develop group counselling sessions to meet the needs of services
- Arrange appropriate referrals for clients to other services
- Provide assessment advice to the Program Manager
- Maintain current funding and reporting requirements of the funding agreement
- Provide specialist advice and input to service evaluations an reviews to ensure continuous improvement
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. psychology or social work degree, allied health qualifications, diploma in AOD)
- Meet the requirement to practise as a health professional (where appropriate in accordance with their professional association’s rules and eligible for membership of their professional association)
- Demonstrated experience in the AOD sector
- Relevant case management and/or counselling experience
- Driver’s license
- Current First Aid certificate
- Demonstrated experience in AOD
- Valid NT WWCC (OCHRE Card)
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority
- Have a demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Have demonstrated work experience in workplace education through provision of seminars, lectures or in-services
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via to LINK. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.