- Full Time, Full Time until 30/06/2021
- Location: Alice Springs, NT
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This role will see you effectively supervising a small team on the delivery of the National Psychosocial Service (NPS), Continuity of Support and NDIS Transition team and the development of cultural expertise within the Alice Springs office, also providing outreach Mental Health Support Services for people living in Aboriginal Remote Communities across Central Australia.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Managing and leading (with the support of the Program Manager) a small team to meet contractual service delivery requirements.
- Build strong networks with internal and external stakeholders across the service delivery regions.
- Oversee record management and escalate client and staffing issues where appropriate.
- Completion of administration, reporting duties and budgeting requirements accurately and in a timely fashion.
Requirements for Success
- Completed Certificate 4 in Mental Health Studies or formal qualification in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated 3 years working experience supervising and leading people in a multidisciplinary team, with proven supportive leadership qualities.
- Proven stakeholder development and community engagement skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated high level of communication & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office software and client management databases.
- Valid NT Driver’s License to complete outreach work.
- Valid NT WWCC (OCHRE Card)
- Ability to travel regularly overnight to Remote Aboriginal Communities
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Team Coordinator - NPS AS.pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as we are currently shortlisting for this position.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.