- Permanent - Full Time
- Location - Nowra
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This is a rewarding opportunity where you will support staff and management in the delivery of the service to clients and meeting and exceeding service outcomes. You will also be responsible for supporting the implementation of funding guidelines and reporting requirements for the program.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead, coach and inspire a team of 7
- Work in partnership with Case Managers and families to provide flexible client focused, needs driven services
- Assist Case Managers to engage families in a timely way using risk minimisation processes while adhering to child protection requirements
- Coordinate and oversee compliance with program guidelines in relation to case management practice and provide advice and expertise on its applications
- In collaboration with management, monitor and support the progress of caseloads to ensure effective case management and outcomes
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the program through involvement in strategy and continuous improvement initiatives
- Actively encourage and motivate staff towards the achievement of client outcomes
- Contribute to staff performance and development activities as required informed by evidence based practice
- Support the Program Manager to organise and facilitate group work and development activities for case managers in line with evidence informed practice
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Community Service or similar
- Extensive experience in human services in the field of child protection, with superior knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including the context and complexity of child and family work
- Several years experience in Team Leadership
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in complex casework including individual family work and group work as appropriate to the needs of the team.
- Experience in providing training and workshops to employees and other agencies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support case managers with assessment skills, case management and appropriate interventions
- The ability to develop collaborative relationships between Mission Australia and other service providers which are in the best interest of client outcomes and to encourage case workers to do the same
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Team Leader - Brighter Futures Program.docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, 23rd October 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.