- Full-time; Max-term to 30 June 2021
- Locations: Devonport, with some travel in the local area
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports people with disability to participate in and contribute to improving social and economic life, as well as provide certainty that people with disability will receive the care and support they need over their lifetime. The NDIS offers many ways to assist people with disability to exercise choice, including taking reasonable risks in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports. One of the ways this is done is through Local Area Coordination (LAC). For more information, please search for ’NDIS’ online.
Join the team as a Local Area Coordinator in Devonport on a max term contract until 30 June 2021, working with participants connected with the National Disability Insurance scheme. Initially, you will be provided with detailed onboarding and training to give you the knowledge and skills to deliver a quality service to people with disability.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Build and maintain strong external and internal relationships and local connections.
- Assist individual, their families or carers to pursue their goals.
- Assist people eligible for NDIS supports to navigate their pathway.
- To be available to support individuals, their families or carers with questions and support as required.
- To work in collaboration with all NDIS services, community and mainstream to provide a quality level service to all stakeholders.
- To ensure that people with a disability can be supported within their local community by building capacity within the community and mainstream services.
- Work to a high compliance and KPI framework.
- To assist in meeting the organisation's key performance indicators and productivity requirements.
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong administration skills and the ability to prepare reports and documentation.
- A strong customer service approach with the ability and skills to explain complex information, and recommend effective solutions to participants and their family support people.
- The ability to work in a KPI’s and compliance-focused environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills to produce and save documents and navigate databases.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Valid Driver’s Licence to use Mission Australia pool vehicle to travel to participants homes.
- Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close 11:55 PM, 9 August 2020. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as shortlisting/interviews will commence asap.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.