- Full Time 12 month contract | 38 hours per week
- Location: Dubbo NSW | Travel in work vehicle required
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Homeless Youth Assistance Program (HYAP) aims to reconnect children and young people with their families or wider support networks; or, where appropriate, help them to transition to more appropriate long-term supported accommodation. The target group are children and young people aged 12–15 years who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Aboriginal children and young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Western NSW District are a priority client group.
You will provide welfare support, in the provision of services to face homelessness and other issues.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referral of clients to the service for internal and external support services
- Undertake initial registrations for clients, including necessary paper and application forms
- Support the urgent accommodation needs of clients who enter the service including the use of the no wrong door referral and advocacy
- Create individualized support plans including to referral to supplementary services
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and / or relevant experience in the community services industry.
- Knowledge and experience working with client issues relating to homelessness (and other) in the local community
- Ability to develop strong relationships with community partners and agencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (computer literate)
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current NSW Driver’s License.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email Jye Ryan at RyanJye@missionaustralia.com.au.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via HYAP CSW L3 July 2019 (6).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 12 August 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.