- Full Time, 6 month Max Term Contract
- Location: Sydney CBD
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This is a Senior role within the Technology team where you will be responsible for analysing, documenting and agreeing to business requirements and track through to the delivery of new or changed business solutions, using both Agile and Waterfall approaches.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Business analysis of strategic projects in support of IT strategy and business planning initiatives.
- Facilitate interviews, workshops and requirements walk-through sessions with business, IT, project and other stakeholders to collate and validate requirements and obtain sign-off and to ensure common understanding before the team proceeds to design activities.
- Maintain requirements traceability and ensure that project deliverables meet original requirements or changes thereto are approved following a strict change control process.
- Lead, participate in or support other project activities such as system testing, user acceptance testing, change management, operating model design and implementation, deployment and initial post-production support activities as required.
- Develop strong, collaborative, constructive relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the alignment of solutions with the business’s strategic and operational requirements.
- Define and implement best / better practice in business analysis, functional design, process design, testing and other relevant activities and deliverables in consultation with the PMO Manager, IT management and other key stakeholders
Requirements for Success
- Proven Business Process Re-engineering skills
- A background in Consulting would be highly regarded
- 7+ years in end-to-end business analyst roles covering
- Planning and monitoring the process of Business Analysis
- Working with stakeholders to develop requirements using broad techniques
- Managing the alignment of the project to the agreed requirements
- Enterprise analysis to meet a business need
- Assisting the project team develop solutions that meet the agreed requirements
- Working with stakeholders to assess proposed solutions leading to best-fit solution
- Familiarity with best-practice in process and solution design, tender creation and management, solution and vendor selection, application development, implementation and integration approaches
- Experience in mainstream technologies and core business system transformations (eg CRM & HR systems)
- Experience in the NFP sector desirable but not essential
- Relevant academic qualifications (technical and/or business related)
- End to end experience in large, strategic, complex systems projects, particularly in engaging with all stakeholders and creating quality artefacts.
- Prior experience working on Agile, SCRUM and hybrid projects
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Senior Business Analyst 2020.docx to PD. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, 11th August. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.