- 12 month Max Term Opportunity - 35 hours per week
- Covid – 19 Specialist – Registered Nurse Qualifications Required
- Combination of from Home and then CBD Mission Australia National Office
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This is a Great 12 Max Term opportunity to support the business in creating a safer place for our staff, volunteers and participants. You will work as an essential part of Team Safety and have a focus on developing and implementing risk management programs across Australia in line with current Public Health advice.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Be the subject matter expert and develop and implement risk management plans for C19
- Develop training and awareness on C19 in partnership with the learning and development team
- Coordinate Flu vaccine for all sites across Australia
- Promote and manage programs on C19 and share industry best practice standards
- Conduct and provide guidance around risk assessments and provide timely reports to meet the business needs
- Ensure regions are kept up to date with changes in legislation
Requirements for Success
- Registered Nurse Qualifications required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in WHS, Public Health and infection control
- Current Drivers Licence
- Strong existing knowledge of current health and safety legislation and workers compensation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong ability to provide influence and develop trusted relationships
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications check and referee checks.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Health Safety Business Partner - C19 Specialist PD.pdf For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at 12.00am on Saturday 15th August, however please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.