- Full Time 12 month contract | 38 hours per week
- Location: Orange NSW | EACLS Program
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Enhanced Adult Community Living Support (EACLS) provides psychosocial supports, in partnership with clinical supports delivered by the Local Health District, to people aged 16+ with severe mental health illness. Referrals come from either NSW Health, Justice Health, Corrections NSW and Community support Services. EACLS supports with Community access, Daily living skills including self-care, personal hygiene, cleaning, shopping, cooking and transport. Clients are also supported to comply with medication and access clinical assistance such as medical appointments, facilitate access to education, vocational training and employment as well as participation in social, leisure and recreational activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Induct clients into the service, provide support and information
- Create individualised case plans that are recovery focused
- Build relationships with community partners, stakeholders, Western local health district
- Provide ongoing case management sessions with clients and review case plans
- Assist clients in the process of transition out of the service into independence
- Create and update individualised client case management files and notes for all clients
- Complete a range of other administrative duties for the efficient running of the service
Requirements for Success
- Relevantly experience in community service and/or mental health support
- A genuine interest in working with the community
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- A relevant certificate 4 (desirable only)
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email Jenna Bottrell via email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via CLS CSW L3 (1).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 11 August 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.