- Opportunity to join the fundraising team and make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Location: Initially working from home but later in the year transitioning to CBD Sydney
- Would consider Flexible Work Arrangements
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team with a focus on Fundraising through Bequests to Mission Australia. We would consider providing this opportunity to work part time with a minimum of 3 days per week but full time is also available.
This role has a high emphasis on relationship management, leading a calendar of campaigns throughout the year. The focus is on increasing the number of supporters committed to leaving a Bequest in their will and increasing revenue growth for Mission Australia.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage a calendar of campaigns and activities across the year
- Coach and mentor two direct reports and additional seasonal contractors for the team
- Utilise data analytics and reporting tools to drive campaign performance
- Manage direct marketing campaigns including direct mail, telemarketing, digital & events
- Build excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders keeping them informed and engaged in the activities of the team
- Leverage opportunities in mass fundraising and actively collaborate on engagement opportunities
To be successful in this rewarding position, you will:
- Proven experience in direct digital campaign focused marketing
- Ideally strong community experience gained from a Not for Profit
- Have proven ability to build strong relationships
- Be experienced in executing a variety of marketing campaigns including mail, telemarketing, digital and events
- Be experienced in leading small teams
- Demonstrated strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Have excellent relationship and influencing skills
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - Bequest Manager_2019 (1).docx For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close at 12.00am on Tuesday 11th August, however please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.