- Permanent full time
- Location: Sydney CBD – working from home for the time being
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Services Operations Officer performs support activities related to the core operational systems and applications used by Service Delivery staff across Mission Australia. Work closely with frontline Service Delivery staff to ensure client data collection, use and reporting is accurate and efficient, and aligned with relevant Funder requirements, contractual obligations and internal business processes. Where appropriate, use the data for analysis to identify opportunities to improve service delivery processes and ultimately, client outcomes.
The Services Operations Officer also supports Service Delivery staff with training, troubleshooting and the provision of relevant resources and materials to build staff capability and confidence in system use.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support service delivery staff to record and extract funder data reporting requirements
- Analyse program, service and support request data to identify opportunities to improve service delivery
- Develop and maintain resources to support improved systems use and data quality
- Delivery of training to front line Service Delivery staff to improve system proficiency and data quality
- Respond to service delivery support requests, including the extraction and reporting of client information and assisting with system set-up
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders such as Service Delivery frontline management
- Engage with key stakeholders and coordinate working groups, training sessions, resource development and other activities to engage service delivery staff
Requirements for Success
- 3-5 years’ experience in community services, community development, or client service-based organisation. Human services or not-for-profit sector desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communication, IT Systems, Information Management, Human Services or similar.
- Experience with client information management systems to extract, analyse and report on business performance.
- Experience in the development and delivery of training to front line service delivery staff.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in project management methodology.
- Proven ability to build strong, respectful relationships and to collaborate effectively to achieve business outcomes.
- Proven ability to synthesise and analyse information from a range of sources and systems.
- Proven ability to document and communicate information, in a simple yet compelling way, both in writing and orally, with Service Delivery/ Frontline / Customer Facing staff.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - Services Operations Officer .pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Sunday August 9 2020. Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.