- Payroll Processing for this large nationwide not for profit
- Must have Chris 21 experience
- 12 Months Max Term contract, 35 hours per week
- Location: Initially from home and eventually CBD Sydney
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
We are seeking a strong Payroll Officer to ensure the accurate and efficient processing of the fortnightly payroll in line with all award and legislative requirements using the Chris 21.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will work in a small team of payroll professionals processing payroll for staff across Australia initially from home and eventually in modern offices above Town Hall station.
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in payroll processing
- Prior experience processing payroll in Chris21
- Experience in interpretation and application of Awards and Enterprise Agreements
- Strong attention to detail and an all-round team player
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Payroll Officer - PD (1).pdf For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence right away.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.