- Casual | Shift work on a roster/night shifts
- Location: Dubbo NSW | Mac River Centre
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Mac River is a residential rehabilitation service for young people aged 13-18 who are experiencing drug and alcohol issues. The service provides case management and evidence-based support for three months in residence, followed by three months of aftercare in the community.
You will be responsible for maintaining an orderly residence where young people learn to live with others and develop appropriate living skills, including budgeting, meal preparation, house cleaning, general self-care and personal hygiene routines.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the progress of residents towards the achievement of their casework goals
- Establish positive relationships with residents
- Provide education and guidance to residents on meal preparation and food handling
- Provide regular night checks and behavioural reports on residents
- Ensure the efficient maintenance of client records and administration
Requirements for Success
- Knowledge of issues surrounding drug and alcohol dependencies
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Current driver’s license
- Senior First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Mac River Residential Support Worker July 2019 (2).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 29 September 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.