- x3 Max Term, Full Time role until 31 June 2021
- Location: Ashfield
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Home and Healthy program supports homeless people and those at risk of homelessness who are leaving hospital and/or engaged with community health services. We achieve this through offering holistic support to achieve sustained housing, increased workforce capacity and improved well-being.
You will bring your passion for working with the community to deliver intensive case management to clients with complex needs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals to the service to determine eligibility and needs of the client
- Develop and implement an holistic wellbeing plan which considers the clients goals
- Support clients to build pathways to housing and independence through training and employment
- Deliver support services in line with the Home and Healthy Operations Manual
- Maintain professional relationships with stakeholders and relevant agencies
- Contribute to the monitoring and management of client outcomes achieved
- Be proactive in organising and facilitating case conferences as required
Requirements for Success
- Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science or relevant qualifications
- Experience with outcomes based programs, such as homelessness programs, AOD or Mental Health
- Experience in a similar role working with complex needs
- Previous experience providing assertive outreach to clients in the community
- Valid NSW Driver’s Licence
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - Support Facilitator (Home Healthy).pdf. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.