- Permanent, Full Time role based in Southport and Biggera Waters
- Build relationships with employers and job seekers to support growth
- Support job seekers with pre-employment processes including resume writing
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Mission Australia’s Disability Employment Service helps people with a disability, injury or health condition to find a job and continues to support them while they transition to ongoing employment. The service also supports employers with training and assistance to maintain the relationship – including wage subsidies, and workplace modifications.
Our team in Southport / Biggera Waters are currently looking for an Employment Advisor to promote and support the growth of this service.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Supporting and assisting job seekers with pre-employment activities and providing job-matching opportunities
- Provision of post-placement support to both job seekers and employers
- Sales and marketing activities to promote the service and drive placements
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Requirements for Success
With an established background in either employment services, sales or business development, you will be a confident and capable professional, able to see value in all people and priding yourself on your ability to work from a strengths-based framework.
To be successful in this role, your capabilities will include:
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships quickly and effectively with jobseekers, employers and potential employers
- Marketing and promotion of job seekers including introduction to employers and interview support
- Facilitation of ongoing support and connectedness between job seekers and their employer – ensuring requirements are being met
- Confidence to establish and maintain strong networks within the community – including training organisations and employment-ready services
- Experience working within and achieving KPIs
- A flexible, “can do” attitude and ability to be responsive and agile in a highly diverse role
- Exceptional communicational skills and the ability to engage, advise and influence
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills; able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Outside the box thinking – creating and implementing new sources of client streams
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite; strong administrative background
- Current Working with Children Check
- Valid drivers licence
Before starting work with us, you will be required to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
This is an office-based role, working at our Southport and Biggera Waters sites. As a member of a very small team, our successful candidate will be warm, friendly and genuinely engaged. The team is supported by an operationally, hands-on manager who allows autonomy, flexibility and role-responsibility.
Mission Australia also provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description here . For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.