- Full Time 38 hours per week | Contract till December 2020
- Location: Broken Hill NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The Broken Hill Young People's Homelessness and Housing Support Service (BHYPHHSS) helps vulnerable young people (aged 16-25), especially those from Aboriginal backgrounds, to reduce their risk of homelessness, and for those who are experiencing homelessness, to break the cycle for good. BHYPHHSS supports young people across the spectrum of need, from early intervention and prevention through to supported crisis and transitional accommodation, and post-crisis support. The service facilitates access to mainstream and specialist services, and provides case management.
You will support clients in the provision of welfare support, in particular the provision of services to face homelessness and other related issues.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services
- Provide ongoing case management sessions with clients and review progression
- Support the urgent accommodation needs of clients who enter the service
- Work with clients to create individualised support plans including referrals
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders and service partners
- Ensure services are consistent with the program’s Service Delivery Schedule
- Complete a range of other administrative duties for the efficient running of the service
- Participate in direct supervision with Program Manager
Requirements for Success
- Tertiary Qualification and / or relevant experience in the human services industry.
- Knowledge and experience working with client issues relating to homelessness including domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health etc
- A genuine interest in working with the local community
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via HYAP CSW L3 July 2019 (3).docx. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Thursday 23 July 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.