- Max Term Full Time (38 hours) to 30 June 2021
- Two positions available in Noarlunga and Clovelly Park
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports people with disability to participate in and contribute to improving social and economic life, as well as provide certainty that people with disability will receive the care and support they need over their lifetime. The NDIS provides a number of ways to assist people with disability to exercise choice, including taking reasonable risks in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports. One of the ways this is done is through Local Area Coordination (LAC). For more information, please search for ’NDIS’ online.
An exciting and rare opportunity has become available to join the organisation as a Senior Local Area Coordinator in Clovelly Park or Noarlunga to support the NDIA LAC service on full time max term basis to June 2021.
This role will attract a motivated problem-solver who has expertise leading small teams and experience working with people with disability; with a strong track record in NDIS knowledge or advocacy for people with disability.
They will be able to point to their skills and previous experience in expert advice, supervision and assistance to LAC staff on day-to-day activity; ensuring the smooth operation of the LAC program.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist the Program Manager in leadership and direction of the team
- Assist with all escalated or complex issues across the team
- Conduct meetings with NDIS participants, families and their carers about the scheme and how to utilize the allocated funds through a planning process.
- Problem solve and provide effective solutions that are within the compliance requirements of the program and NDIS legislation.
- Work to a high compliance and KPI framework
- Build and maintain strong external and internal relationships and local connections, including forming a strong partnership with the NDIA
Requirements for Success
- Strong existing experience as a LAC and working as a Partner in the Community, or within the National Disability Insurance Agency
- Prior experience of leading small teams
- Strong administration skills and the ability to prepare reports and documentation.
- Strong customer service approach with the ability and skills to explain complex information, and recommend effective solutions to participants and their family support people.
- The ability to work in a KPI’s and compliance focused environment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and adapt to a constantly changing environment
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people and child safe certificate.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’, send your cover letter, and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will close midnight Sunday 12 July 2020. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as shortlisting/interviews will commence asap.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.