- Outstanding Career Opportunity in the nationally delivered NDIS
- Competitive salary and generous NFP salary packaging
- Full-time (38-hour week); Max Term Contract to June 2021
Do you enjoy leading a team? Join a large and national organisation, supporting the lives of people with a disability. Great employee benefits + strong team culture
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Mission Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every vulnerable person who engages with our services including children and young people. We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports people with disability to participate in and contribute to improving social and economic life, as well as provide certainty that people with disability will receive the care and support they need over their lifetime. The NDIS provides a number of ways to assist people with disability to exercise choice, including taking reasonable risks in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports. One of the ways this is done is through Local Area Coordination (LAC). For more information, please click here.
Based in Noarlunga, you will be responsible for planning, leading, managing and developing a service delivery team to execute high quality and contractually compliant services to a wide range of participants throughout our local communities.
Your key performance areas include (though not limited to):
- Leading, managing and supervising a large team in excess of 20 direct reports
- Managing and allocating client workloads relative to requirements, capacity and capability
- Engaging with local communities and developing effective stakeholder relationships across the area
- Providing direct service delivery to clients as required
- Ongoing development of the service through continuous improvement initiatives
- Supporting Service Area Managers with meeting contractual requirements across each of the service area
Requirements for Success
To be considered for the Program Manager role, you will have:
- Minimum Diploma qualification in either Allied Health, Social Work, Human Services or equivalent
- Strong experience in disability services, human services, allied health, community or equivalent
- Experience in the provision of strengths-based / goal-based planning, person-centred practice, and information and referral services
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership of high performing service delivery teams, as well as the delivery of service outcomes on time and compliant with funding, financial and reporting requirements
- Strong leadership of a large team, communication, interpersonal, budget and financial management skills
- Demonstrated interest in community and social outcomes
- Lived experience of disability (encouraged)
- Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to join our team. Full training and ongoing professional development opportunities are provided.
- Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Applications close 11:55 PM, Sunday May 31 2020.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.