- Max Term Part Time (21 hours per week) to June 2021
- Location: Hobart
- Generate insights to contribute towards informed business decision-making.
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
This opportunity, based in Hobart, will be to perform high data collation and high level analytics for Local Area Coordination services which will generate insights that will contribute to informed business decision-making and planning leading to the improvement of service delivery, client outcomes and compliance.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide data analysis in conjunction with internal stakeholders and generate relevant insights for a wide range of business requests.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders, to ensure ongoing relevancy of data, reporting and insights.
- Support the identification and development of analysis and reporting opportunities that lead to the continual improvement of existing business systems and processes.
Requirements for Success
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- 3 year's experience in working with data in analytics, research or reporting.
- Human services or not-for-profit sector experience.
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme is extremely desirable.
- Proven ability to synthesise and analyse complex information from a range of sources and subject matter.
- Experience in using data and analytics capability to generate insights to inform decision making and deliver project outcomes.
- Proven ability to communicate complex information, in a simple yet compelling way, both in writing and orally, across a wide audience.
- Proven ability to undertake report writing activities that utilise qualitative and quantitative data to evidence outcomes/ performance.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in data analysis and generating advanced Excel/PowerPoint reports. Experience in the use of data visualisation tools (such as Power BI) desirable.
- Proven ability to build strong, respectful relationships and to collaborate effectively to achieve business outcomes.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 9225 0453
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to click here to view the position description. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 31 May 2020 . Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence before the closing date.
Please be advised Mission Australia does not accept unsolicited resumes. Mission Australia will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Recruitment team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates. Note we are not considering additions to our list of Panel Suppliers.